We develop next generation e-bike powertrain technology, using a circular economy model. Our innovative technology is designed to outlast and to outperform.
We will build a European supply chain and manufacture our revolutionary motor-gearbox units in the UK. We will supply bike brands globally with a B2B business model and robust after sales and end user support.
The future is electric. The future is fossil fuel free. We can develop game-changing products with respect for our planet, which stay in service for decades, not years. Another world is possible.
We've designed, developed and tested the technology over several years in Edinburgh, Scotland. We are a small dedicated team of engineers and cyclists. We have experience in many sectors including Automotive, E-mobility, Renewable Energy, Electronics & Robotics.
We will supply the complete drivetrain system that can be integrated into partner brands ebike frames. This includes our combined motor and 8 speed gearbox unit, battery, display and electronic shifter buttons. We offer an 'all-in-one' package matching the size, weight and performance of the current mid-motor ebike and drivetrain systems but with reliability, robustness, repairability and sustainability at our core.
We've several fully equipped and rideable bikes featuring our pre-production prototypes ready for all sectors - eCargo, eMTB, eTrekking and eCommuter. We 've got drive units ready to integrate with partner brands frame designs for the next generation of gearbox ebikes!
UK Designed | UK Tested | UK Built
Our gearbox technology eliminates rear wheel gearing. Hardened steel spur gears are protected from the elements within a sealed, lubricated enclosure. Our patent-pending sequential gear change mechanism uses an electric actuator for rapid and consistent shifting performance. Our custom control algorithms ensure a smooth shift every time.
Our proprietary motor technology is fully integrated with the gearbox, forming a single compact drive unit. Our novel reduction gearing arrangement enables a high torque output, with a very small footprint. Power is then transferred to the rear wheel via a belt or heavy duty chain.
Our technology dramatically improves ebike durability! Our gearbox technology eliminates the most common causes of powertrain failure. Combining the entire powertrain in one sealed unit delivers great performance and extends product lifetime
We have developed the most compact gearbox based e-bike drive unit on the market. With its small form factor and super clean aesthetics, our product uses the same frame mounting points as Shimano EP8, making it easy for bike brands to integrate into their range.
Circular design ensures our products are repairable, upgradable, and recyclable at end of life. We aim to maximise product lifetime, and will make affordable spare parts available. Long lasting, maintainable products reduce total cost of ownership, and dramatically reduce environmental impact.
- Low maintenance - all gears are enclosed away from the elements. Extremely resilient against mud, grit, dust, snow and sand, and as a result hard wearing.
- Low unsprung mass resulting in improved suspension performance.
- Wide 470% gear range provides the capability to ride all kinds of terrain.
- Straight chain line, resulting in less chain wear and longer chain life!
- No dropped chains. All the benefits of singlespeed life but with 8 gear and a motor!
- No exposed dérailleurs, delicate hangers or brittle cassettes. Less parts susceptible to external damage.
- Fast & consistent gear shifting, throughout the life of the bike
- Low maintenance - minimal drivetrain cleaning required
- Fleet bike schemes can benefit from low OPEX.
- Straight chain line, resulting in less chain wear & longer chain life!
- Optional silent belt drive, lightweight and clean (no lube/degreaser required).
- Change gears when stationary and shift multiple gears in one go!
- Even steps between every gear, making gear changes very predictable.
Mechanical engineer, cyclist, and environmentalist with 15 years’ experience within the wind turbine, automotive and electronics sectors.
Mechanical Engineer (MEng) skilled in part design, development of control systems, embedded c++, and PCB design. Previous experience working in robotics.
Business Development Manager
Brand builder, with expertise in product design and brand management in the bicycle and outdoor industry.
Engineer and cyclist, with +15 years experience in R&D and NPI within the wind, wave energy and energy storage sectors.
Project manager and electrical engineer with experience in electronics and motor technology development in the automotive sector.